Friday, 29 January 2016

Hello and welcome

Now this isn't really for anyone else but me. It is a personal journey for which I am setting myself a goal to earn and save £50k in one year. That is £50k SAVED, not earned. It's something I'm sure we've all thought about doing. But I'm sick of just thinking about it. It's about time I got off my arse and do something about it. 

I have had my own businesses over the past few years that, although were much fun to run, didn't make much money at all. In fact one even hemorrhaged quite a bit, causing me to fall casually into debt. I plan to clear at least half of that during this 12 month period also. My businesses were all based around my first passion - music. But as much as I loved them, I have a much bigger need for the thing that drives the world around... money. 

So why £50k? Firstly, why the hell not. Secondly, I am sick of being skint. There are plenty of things that I want to do, but am unable due to funds. Or lack of. Plus I have a family now which have a wonderful charm as they cost me dearly. So it's time to set myself a goal. And that goal is this. Clear off my debts and, once my living costs have been taken out, have £50k in savings by the end of the 12 months.

Is it possible? Who knows. But I'm pretty darn determined. I can only try.

No comments:

Post a Comment